Since the development of organic beauty products and cosmetics, there are many brands and types of products available on the various European markets. In order to find the best organic cosmetics, you need to understand what they are made of and why you should use them.
WHAT IS AN ORGANIC COSMETIC OR BEAUTY PRODUCT?
An organic cosmetic is a beauty product designed with ingredients of organic origin, and not simply natural. Here are the different points that an organic cosmetic must respect:
- It must only be made with ingredients from organic farming.
- The production process must minimise its ecological footprint: use of biodegradable raw materials, selection of farmers who respect sustainable agriculture, etc…
- None of the ingredients used must be toxic or harmful to our bodies or the environment.
- It must not have been tested on animals, or use products of animal origin.
In addition, there are secondary points, which prove a brand’s commitment towards nature:
- Recycled cardboard or biodegradable plastic packaging.
- The use of vegetable-based ink on products or packaging
- The sending of parcels with biodegradable materials
HOW ARE THEY CERTIFIED?
In order to be certified and stamped organic, the cosmetic products concerned must comply with specific measures. This differentiates them from so-called ‘natural’ products, which are not organic at all and may contain chemicals. To be certified organic, the products must contain at least 95% of natural and plant-based ingredients from organic farming.
WHY USE ORGANIC COSMETICS?
There are a large number of cosmetic products designed to relieve, moisturise or repair your skin and therefore your epidermis. However, the use of products that do not come from nature can cause various side effects in some people. In addition, using chemical products directly on the skin can lead in the long term to dryness of the epidermis or, even worse, to a contamination of the organism.
It is therefore important to use products that come from nature and are 100% certified organic:
- They do not cause undesirable side effects.
- They are of natural origin: it does not contain toxic or chemical products that can ‘pollute’ your body, and does not contain traces of pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- They do not contain irritants, endocrine disruptors or parabens.
- They are made up of a large number of active ingredients in order to allow their benefits to be expressed.
If you want to preserve and protect your skin in the long term, organic beauty products are the best choice. Indeed, normal cosmetic products contain natural active ingredients, but in more than minimal quantities. With organic beauty products, you are sure to find in your product a high level of natural active ingredients which are the most effective molecules to take care of your skin.
Moreover, by choosing organic cosmetics, you are also making a bet to respect your environment and the world you will leave to your children: they use eco-packaging that will not pollute our planet after their use.
WHICH ORGANIC COSMETICS SHOULD I CHOOSE?
To be able to choose a quality organic cosmetic product, you only need to check a few points:
- Valid European or UK organic certification
- 95% use of raw materials from organic agriculture
- Origin of ingredients: sustainable agriculture
- Use of recyclable packaging
WHICH BRAND OF ORGANIC COSMETICS ARE THE BEST?
Some brands seem to perform much better than others in terms of respect for the environment and planet-friendly innovations. The ASABIO laboratories are the perfect example of an organic cosmetics brand that respects the different points we have raised previously.
The entire ASABIO range is certified organic, as all the products available use natural ingredients from organic farming. In addition, the farmers selected to grow these ingredients all apply sustainable agriculture.
The brand’s two leading ingredients bring the benefits of hemp back into fashion, using CBD (Cannabidiol) and hemp seed oil, two molecules known for their repairing and moisturizing effects on the epidermis.
The other ingredients used by the ASABIO range are also recognized for their benefits and uses for the skin by many people around the world: Sicilian lemon, rose hip, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, etc…
The packaging of all ASABIO products is made of recycled cardboard and printed with vegetable-based inks that do not pollute our precious planet. In addition, ASABIO parcels are sent using recycled packaging, using biodegradable protections.